I thought this would be the year I gave up on music, but I was wrong. I depended on music more than ever this year. For all the shit life throws at you there’s always a song to make you feel better. I want to thank the 13 artists listed below for getting me through this tumultuous year.
And now an open letter to 2016:
You can go do something to yourself that I can’t write on here because my parents might read this.
Even though you sucked, you put out some of the best rock n roll albums that I can remember in a very long time. You also gave me the most beautiful follow up to Channel Orange that I could have imagined. Oh! and Chance The Rapper; you gave us more of that guy. We all need more Chance in our life.
- Blonde – Frank Ocean
- Ruminations – Conor Oberst
- The Life of Pablo – Kanye West
- Cardinal – Pinegrove
- A Moon Shaped Pool – Radiohead
- Goodness – The Hotelier
- 22, A Million – Bon Iver
- Teens of Denial – Car Seat Headrest
- Coloring Book – Chance The Rapper
- A Loud Bash of Teenage Feelings – Beach Slang
- Schmilco – Wilco
- The White Album – Weezer
- Introducing Karl Blau – Karl Blau